Oh, the good ol’ United States of America. It boggles the mind sometimes that we have mountains, deserts, forests, coasts, skyscrapers, and plains all in one country. On the very same day of the year, you can either be relaxing on a beach or hitting a ski slope. We have foods of all kinds, stunning national parks, and yes, Walt Disney World.
Below you can find some basic US travel info and blog posts by state.
Know before you go:
- Language: English is the most common, although Spanish is also commonly used
- Currency: United States Dollar (USD)
- Transportation: Cars are most common, particularly in rural and suburban areas. Most cities have multiple forms of transportation such as subways, trains, and buses.
- Tipping: for restaurant servers, food deliveries, and cab drivers, it is customary to tip 18-25% of your bill
- For the most part, Americans really do live up to our friendly stereotype!
As a lifetime resident of this vast and varied country, I still have so much to see and do. However, here are my blog posts on the places I’ve lived/visited thus far: